Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Did you know that 80% of people who make decision for Christ do so under the age of 18? On average, high school students constitute 10% of any given countries population. The percentage is even higher in developed countries.
Roughly, Southern and Eastern Africa countries have over 50 million high school students. It is only 10-15% of them who can make it for university education.The rest will be going to various vocations and domains of societies. Therefore, it is strategic move to carefully think and plan how to reach them for Christ before they get established in life.
It is in light of this fact that we brought together 26 leaders from 13 countries who minister to high school students and teenagers in Limuru, Kenya for the period between 5 -10 October, 2014.
Buze and I, in partnership with Cru High school, able to train, envision, equip and empower them for the task ahead
- From January –September this year, 7 high schools were added, of which 2 schools are in the outskirts of Lusaka.
- 4 of their high school interns are now student leaders
- 2,805 students were exposed
- 968 students made decisions to follow Christ
- They recently sent 32 high schools students to Jimma (Muslim populated area) and they could help lead 509 souls receive Christ.
- During our training, we took an afternoon off where we went to one of the girls high schools. Our team could share the gospel of Jesus with 512 girls. One Moslem student publicly professed Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior and now being discipled by a wife of our staff there.
We prayed and fasted on Oct 7 for the high school students and teenagers of Africa and the world.
- We know that the devil is targeting them. We prayed for God to intervene in their lives as their challenges has been shared: Abortion, Drug addiction, pornography, HIV/AIDS, etc. God loves them and offers a wonderful plan for them.
- We also discussed and agreed that strong spiritual movements are possible on campuses if we start them ONLY from high schools.
- Accordingly, we engaged each country to come up with 2016 and 2020 goals for discipleship and leadership development.
God willing, we are trusting in God to see 147,032 teenagers discipled and 22,200 of them developed as leaders who can lead others in 10 countries.